1. I expect that Coal India limited should be listing at around 290/- (18% premium for HNI, 25% for retail). The stock should do well because it is going to be included in Nifty and Sensex… so many mutual funds and portfolio managers would be forced to buy it.
2. After seeing what happened on last thursday, I intend to stay away from Futures and options for a while. Just 30 minutes before the monthly closing of the options/futures, some traders forced the market down by selective high volume trades.
3. I think my fav strategy is back and this time with leverage….
i recommend buy 27th jan Tata Motors DVR futures contract… and short the Tata motors contract for the same period….
Assumption: the spread will reduce over time from 37% now. unfortunately the volume is too low as dvr was added to the fno segment last week only.
4. I did a stupid transaction 3 years ago… Invest in tax saving ELSS. Now that the lock-in period is over, I am liquidating them. I have already liquidated 1/3 of my mutual funds portfolio yesterday.
5. I don’t see myself investing actively till Feb 2011. This is partly because some personal financial commitments have sapped my liquidity and partly because I believe that outlook of the market is completely changes itself every quarter. At present the market has reached its optimal level and would only oscillate (more downwards than upwards)