On Oct 2003, all kids, and chocolate lovers like me got a shock of their life. Our favorite brand Cadbury’s Dairy Milk is infested with worms. The packaging of this great product was poor which allowed it to spoil.
After numerous out of court settlements, product recall, apologies, and millions of dollars spend in revamping the system, Cadburys is back on its feet.
Do our Ice-cream vendors also want to witness the same fate?
The bulk of the ice cream is sold in 500ml bricks, or in cups, yet their packaging has evolved little over the past 2 decades.
1) Cardboard is not tamper proof, and becomes really venerable when moisture condenses on it.
2) The lids of the ice cream cups never even cover the ice cream completely. Hence giving a free hand to the air-borne contamination. If the curd sellers can put a tamper proof aluminum foil sealing on the yogurt/curd cups why can’t higher priced ice cream vendors do the same?
I seriously feel that some of the ice cream cups are actually recovered from the thrash can and refilled. If the packaging is not soon improved, the next guys defending themselves in consumer court shall be these ice cream vendors.
The pastor entered his donkey in a race and it won. The pastor was so
pleased with the donkey that he entered it in the race again, and it won again.
The local paper read:
PASTOR’S ASS OUT FRONT.
The Bishop was so upset with this kind of publicity that he ordered the pastor not to enter the donkey in another race.
The next day, the local paper headline read:
BISHOP SCRATCHES PASTOR’S ASS.
This was too much for the bishop, so he ordered the pastor to get rid of the donkey. The pastor decided to give it to a nun in a nearby convent.
The local paper, hearing of the news, posted the following headline
The next day:
NUN HAS BEST ASS IN TOWN.
The bishop fainted. He informed the nun that she would have to get rid of the donkey, so she sold it to a farmer for $10.
The next day the paper read:
NUN SELLS ASS FOR $10.
This was too much for the bishop, so he ordered the nun to buy back the donkey and lead it to the plains where it could run wild.
The next day the headlines read:
NUN ANNOUNCES HER ASS IS WILD AND FREE.
The bishop was buried the next day.
The moral of the story is….being concerned about public opinion can
bring you much grief and misery…and even shorten your life.
So be yourself and enjoy life…
Stop worrying about everyone else’s ass and you’ll be a lot happier
and live longer!
1. If you are choking on an ice cube, don’t panic. Simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat and presto. The blockage will be almost instantly removed.
2. Clumsy? Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.
3. Avoid arguments with the Mrs. about lifting the toilet seat by simply using the sink.
4. For high blood pressure sufferers: simply cut yourself and bleed for a few minutes, thus reducing the pressure in your veins. Remember to use a timer.
5. A mouse trap, placed on top of your alarm clock, will prevent you from rolling over and going back to sleep after you hit the snooze button.
6. If you have a bad cough, take a large dose of laxatives, then you will be afraid to cough.
7. Have a bad toothache? Smash your thumb with a hammer and you will forget about the toothache.
8. Sometimes, we just need to remember what the rules of life really are: You only need two tools: WD-40 and Duct Tape. If it doesn’t move and should, use the WD-40. If it shouldn’t move and does, use the duct tape.
*** Remember*** Everyone seems normal until you get to know them.
Bella was upset because her fiancé had been to a clinical psychologist and the results were not good.
She told her mother, “I don’t think I can marry Marvin, Ma. His psychologist told him he has an Oedipus complex.”
Her mother shrugged and said, “Bella, don’t listen to all that fancy talk. I’ve watched Marvin and he seems fine to me. Just look how much he loves his mother.”
Why is Pranab Mukherjee is adamant is not allowing Pakistanis to probe the blast site?
We give big lectures on transparency, then why don’t we follow them? If India believes that it is not responsible for the death of Pakistani Nationals, then all their government to investigate.
Read this news article from WorldBank quoting a UNICEF study on kids.
Also read this article about how UN actually used Peace Keeping contracts as bargaining chips. Considering that Bangladesh, Pakistan, India and Nepal together constitute majority of the UN peace keepers, this development can have undesirable influence over the sub-continent.
Sell Tiger to Save it: An unusual proposal to save the endangered tiger.