CoH2 is a long awaited sequence to the universally acclaimed Company of Heroes. It tried to combine the good points of the original game and better graphics with the lesser romanticized saga of the Second World War.
A World War II themed real-time strategy game. It features the struggle on the Eastern Front.
The Best Bits –
- True sight system is new and I hope similar systems are used in any upcoming strategy games.
- The focus on the Soviets in WWII is a welcome change from the usual, done-to-death western front.
- The sound effects give a feel of good research being done on the aural part.
What could have been better –
- The thought to inculcate the best bits from the original game into this game essentially ended up making CoH2 more like a big DLC with slightly improved graphics.
- The overall visual effects achieved do not feel worth the computer resources needed to play at a reasonable graphic setting.
- The story and the characters are a big letdown.
My takeaway –
For people who have played and loved the original game, this is not how you want to see a sequel. If you are new to the series, you may give it a try. 5/10.