Source: Email forward
Making resolutions for the new year is a neat trap – you know you are going to break most of them, and feel terrible about it for the rest of the year!
Instead, I suggest you make a wish list. It is like a buffet spread-you can eat all or eat nothing-it depends on how hungry you are.
I have made a wish list. Which can provide the required magic to my life. It is like a beautiful buffet spread on a Sunday afternoon.
Starters: (pick any 2)
- I will try to get up early (you can accomplish 30 % more during 5 am to 10 am)
- I will exercise at least for 30 minutes 4 times a week (you have no choice on this)
- I will meditate /pray/ visualize positive things/do yoga for 30 minutes every day.
Main course (pick any 6)
1) As soon as I step out of my door in the morning, I will behave as if I am on national television. My behavior will be impeccable.
2) I will invest in best clothes I can afford-along with good shoes (It has been proved, that better dressed people earn 15 % more-all things being equal)
3) At work, I shall do only things, which will increase my sales or reduce my costs. (Whatever you focus on-expands!)
4) Will outsource everything, which is not my core competence. (Won’t waste time on improving my weakness)
5) Will reduce my mobile bills by 30 %. (Mobile phones are the biggest time waster in corporate world)
6) Will contact 3 customers every month, who have stopped doing business with me. (It is three times easier to convert old customers, than acquiring new once)
7) Will personally talk to 20 % of my top customers every month. (They run my kitchen and will contribute 80 % to my sales)
8) I will not call my employees on weekends or when they are on vacations. (They will respect me for that)
9) I will at least take one risky decision, which I was always scared to take. (I don’t want to die of boredom-do you?)
10) I will train my brain to think creatively every day. I will try to do different things to exercise my brain muscles- try new style & color of clothes; go to new restaurants, visit zoo; listen to different music; visit toy shop to observe children buying toys, be nice to my mother-in-law.
11) I will do five things everyday, which will take me closer to my goals. (Make this as my screen saver)
12) I will not forget to market myself every day.
Desert (pick all)
- I will take 2 vacations in a year.
- I will devote at least one day (Sunday) for family only. No business calls, no laptops. Does not matter, how big my business/position is.
- I will smile at everyone I meet. (Even to the liftman)
- I will hug my spouse everyday in multiples of three.
- I will watch one movie in a cinema hall every month (it is therapy for the soul)
- I will read at least 2 books in a year.
- I will do one thing, which I was always fearful about.
- I will call two old friends, whom I have not spoken for years.
- I will do one thing, which makes me truly happy. Does not matter if my wife or children get mad at me.
- I have got only 52 weekends. I will not let anybody spoil them.